Monday, August 18, 2008

Words to Sentences

When we first arrived, Micah was saying a few words. Now he is throwing sentences around! He seems to have found his calling in baseball, and has been saying, "Pitch the ball" quite a lot. He has got the sweetest most compelling way of asking for things- a tilt of the head, a drawn out "pleeease?". This explosion of words came on fast. I'm a little afraid, because Eva is used to being able to talk unimpeded. I sense a lot of yelling in the car in our future as they compete for my ear.

Some of the other cute things he says include using your name when he says thanks, as in "thank you, Papa". If you ask him how he's doing he'll shoot you a bright perky, "good!" He is now using three word sentences fairly regularly, like "in the bath" or "hit the ball" or "hold me please".

He struggles with his S sound and says "oap" instead of soap and "oup" instead of soup. He likes to wear his swimsuit which he calls his "loot".

Some days I miss nice quiet signing but mostly I enjoy seeing him learn to express himself verbally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!