Monday, September 22, 2008

A New Level of Soup

I made a new soup today! And it was good!

A couple of days ago I made chicken stock. Today I put 900mL of it toward this recipe:

Coarse Carrot and Ginger Soup

2 cups coarsely chopped carrot
3/4 cup each, coarsely chopped onion and potato
1 tbsp butter
900 mL chicken broth
1-1/2 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro

1. Cook and stir carrots, onion and potato in butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until vegetables are tender-crisp - about 5 minutes

2. Stir in broth, ginger and black pepper. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook at a gentle boil for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.

3. Blend mixture in saucepan to desired smoothness with pulse action of hand blender. Return soup to heat, stir in cilantro and heat mixture through.


I served the kids the plain stock with noodles and leftover chicken, and Andrew and I had the new soup. Worked out well, though I wish we could have all eaten the same meal.

2 comments:

  1. Dana
    Did you get the e-mail with site for recipes-SOUPS
    aUNTIE cAROLYNNE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana

    Did you get the e-mail with the recipe site for SOUPS?

    Auntie Carolynne

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!