Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Another Wheat Experiment: Gone Awry

Saturday evening we went out for Chinese and I had some egg rolls and a dish which had, I believe, breaded chicken. What happened next pretty much confirms the wheat sensitivity theory for me. Sunday there was a long period where Joshua needed major maintenance (which made visiting with our dinner guests tricky) and yesterday wasn't great either. It's just not worth it. I'll defer wheat for another month or two and then do another experiment on a day when I will have time for a fussier-than-normal baby for the two days following.

4 comments:

  1. I think the longer you wait the better (for him). I know it's hard though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of cake, what about making the flourless choc cake so you can have some too? It's rich, but oh sooo good! And you can decorate it with whipped cream and berries. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's for her class at school so I don't want to swing too far from mainstream especially since I haven't made it before and baking can be challenging at this altitude. She wants a lemon cake so I'll grab some from our tree, bake it today with a cupcake on the side for testing. If it's good I'll freeze it til Friday. If it's not good I'll try something else tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be nice to pick lemons in your own backyard :) I hope it turns out great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!