We spent the weekend in Monterrey. I attended a conference- The Humanization of Birth- with Joshua. Andrew and the big kids swam their buns off and did some exploring in downtown Monterrey.
The weekend did have a couple of tough moments- crazy big kids refusing to fall asleep, Joshua crying for four hours, beginning the moment after we started eating an expensive meal. But while the weekend had some tough moments, overall it was quite amazing. Joshua was very good about letting me focus on the speakers and even take lots of notes. Eva and Micah were very well behaved for Andrew and they had some really fun times together. And the cherry on top of the sundae? A beautifully smooth bedtime tonight! It was really nice to shake up our routine and do something different. I feel good.
Good, and ready to jump into my own wonderful bed.
But first a short Thanksgiving list. I am thankful for:
- my husband who is incredibly supportive and loving. I am married to an AWESOME man.
- my smart, loving, beautiful, healthy children
- my body that brought forth those children- a miracle each time, and I got to be part of it!
- awesome parents and in-laws
- friends and extended family whom we love and love us so well in return
- our comfortable home and reliable, comfortable, perfect-for-our-needs vehicles
- the means to keep our fridge and pantry stocked with healthy and yummy food
- the opportunity to live and work abroad, to grow and stretch and learn through the experience
- the opportunity to attend a conference on a topic about which I am passionate
- much, much more. I am truly blessed.
-
Glad you had a great weekend, although that 4 hour crying period must've been so tough. Yes, we are blessed.
ReplyDelete