Saturday, August 2, 2008

Has It Already Been Three Weeks? and News

Tomorrow Andrew heads back to Torreon. Already! We will see him again in two weeks when he comes back for meetings (and then we all fly home together, yippee!). I can't believe the kids and I are at the midpoint of our vacation already. It has been a really rich and full time here. We have been somewhat challenged by the adjustment from our usual slow pace of life. I think it's hardest on Micah- he's showing it with his clingyness to me. Eva has adjusted so well she told me today that she wants to stay in Canada.

Which brings me to this news: we have agreed to stay in Mexico until 2011. We will make the most of this opportunity to continue to grow professionally, personally and spiritually. We look forward to seeing more of the beautiful country in which we are based, and to all members of the family becoming bilingual. It will be really hard to say goodbye to our loved ones again but I know from experience that time flies ever more quickly, and before we know it we will see them again.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go you guys. It's really great. It's a sacrifice in some ways but in other ways it really isn't when you think about how much God blesses and provides for and pours out on you when you stick your neck out and trust in Him. You get to experience Him in new and exciting ways. I know he has many more treasures in store for you in Mexico. It also means we'll get at least ONE MOOOORRREE Nerdfiesta, we hope!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!