Most of our weekends are spent all together as a family. We get so little time all together during the week that we really appreciate that opportunity to be together while we're all awake. But this weekend was a little different, and it was fun to mix it up.
Andrew went to work for a few hours Saturday morning and I really wanted to go to yoga so I called Bertha to babysit. The kids were thrilled and ran around like mad people when she arrived. They spent the morning jumping on the trampoline and eating. On a whim, we asked Bertha if she wouldn't mind coming back in the evening so we could finally take some belly photos. She said yes! It was fun getting out just the two of us, and recording this special time in a special way.
Sunday morning we met Manuel and Xochi at the park. It was surprisingly and wonderfully cool and the kids played for a very long time. After lunch both kids were invited over to play at Xochi's house. It was weird dropping Micah off... he didn't even look back to say goodbye. He was so excited to be going to play with the girls and looking forward to eating muffins- the last time we were there Ana served muffins and Micah is a huge muffin fan.
Andrew and I almost didn't know what to do with ourselves. We hung around at home just soaking up the altered atmosphere for a while then we headed to the mall to do a couple of errands. We stopped a Haagan Dazs for a small cup of ice cream.... Oh my. I had the Belgian chocolate and it was incredible. I love love loved it!!! Good thing I don't have it available to me at home! Then we got trapped in the mall parking lot and arrived a little late to pick up the kids. They didn't want to leave. They'd had a marvellous time! It was fun shaking up our usual routine.
-
Glad you guys had a fun date! I LOVE your belly pictures, you have got one talented husband and you are one beautiful model:)
ReplyDeleteSounds awesome!
ReplyDelete