Andrew went to work for a few hours this morning to tie up loose ends. Now he's officially on vacation! It is so great to have him around. Eva was so excited to hear that Daddy doesn't have to go to work again for a long time. This afternoon they had some great Daddy-and-Eva-time. Micah and I had some great Nap Time. Worked out great! I also cooked up a bunch of food for Duna to have while she's boarding at the vet while we are gone. Hope it's enough- she has been eating up a storm.
Jen and Andrey are en route! We are praying for their safe arrival- ideally with luggage.
The kids have so many presents!! We have started giving them some already so it's not so overwhelming on Christmas morning. Also, since we are leaving only a few days after Christmas, it will give them more time to play before they have to leave their new toys behind. Today I gave them their hula hoops (pink for Eva and blue for Micah, naturally). They had quite a good time! Enjoyed them much more today than they would have in the midst of all the other goodies, I'm sure.
One of our Christmas traditions is to do a big jigsaw puzzle. Thought that Mom and I would do most of this one, but I got mAYbe 4 pieces, and my Dad did a very large portion of it!! Finished it in a little over a week. Took it apart to do it again with Alice in January.
Off to play some Monopoly!
-
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!