Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sewing Girl

When my parents came in October they brought me a sewing machine. I finally found time, energy and focus to try it out! I am a sewing beginner so I needed to read the instructions and a book that a friend lent me, so I needed to have some concentration power, and by the time I have a few moments to myself my brain is drained.

So I did some experimenting with stitches on a scrap and then converted the extremely ugly "knotted bean bag socks" into 6 lovely "real" bean bags. Andrew and I had quite a bit of fun winging them at each other last night. And maybe soon we'll be able to pick up some extra cash juggling at intersections.

One of Eva's gymnastics classmate's mom is expecting a baby in the next couple of months. My next project will be a pouch sling for her. Good thing I have lots of fabric, because it might take a few attempts to get the size right. :)

I really like my sewing machine!!! It feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!