Sunday, December 2, 2007

Daddy's Home!

Andrew arrived safe and sound last night- WHOOHOO! It is awesome having him back. Eva wandered into the kitchen just after he walked in the door, and the look on her face was the purest of joy.

The rest of the night was crazy. Eva didn't get back to sleep for hours. She had woken up about an hour before Andrew got home. The neighbor's dog chased the tlacuache under Andrew's car and was barking his head off in our carport. His owners seemed to be scared to get him for some reason and just stood in the front street calling him for about 30 minutes. I didn't want to open the door in case the rodent zipped into the house in an effort to escape his pursuer. Finally another neighbor came and helped. Eva and I had some special time looking out the window and talking about what was going on.

Micah woke up around midnight and was very needy. Sounded like he was coming down with something. Both kids were shy with Andrew after a week without him, so they both wanted me. We brought them both into bed hoping that would take care of their need, but then they wanted to play. Gahhh! Finally Micah agreed to go back in his bed, then Eva wanted me to lay down with her. Things were getting quiet. Breathing was getting heavy and even. THEN THE PHONE RANG!! And not only did the phone ring, but our machine picked it up then proceded to produce a very loud busy signal for a very long time (naturally no message was left). Andrew took care of it, but since he doesn't usually check that machine, he didn't really know what to do. The machine narrowly escaped with its life.

Naturally this morning the kids- Eva in particular- were a mess. But we did have a pretty good day. We started it with a couple of ventis (Starbucks large size). Then we bought a very nice Christmas tree. One of Andrew's missing bags was delivered. Hopefully the hockey bag full of Christmas presents arrives tomorrow! I went for a snooze and Andrew had his hands full. At one point both kids were crying and carrying on. I was impressed with how he kept his cool. I would have helped but I was paralyzed with tiredness. Finally they went out to the trampoline, and I dropped off into blissful dreamland. Once I got up we trimmed the tree and ordered in chinese food. I couldn't find a number for the new place we wanted to order from so I called another place. I felt like I had just arrived here... they couldn't understand my spanish!! What an exercise in frustration. But we got our food, on time and as ordered. It wasn't bad.

The kids went to bed a little early and Andrew just dropped off in front of the tv. I have lots of things I could do but I think I'll just sit down, eat some Smarties, and read in front of the tv. Hope you are all having a wonderful first Advent Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!