Sunday, December 16, 2007

Posada

Friday night it was Andrew's office Christmas party. They rented a party zone a block away from our house. The "party zone", as I term it, is basically a normal lot, fenced in with a high wall. Inside, instead of a house there is a beautiful grassed area with a pool, a covered cooking area, an indoor room, and bathrooms. It is an oasis. I met the people who live right next door and they are not so high on it, as you can imagine.

The party went really well. They had a karaoke contest to for great prizes. Lots of yummy refreshments. His office staff seemed to have a great time!

Andrew had originally wanted to take them to the new ice rink. I guess the general consensus was that they'd rather just go somewhere and hang out with some drinks than do a special event like that. At the party, one lady came up to us and told me she was never going skating because just last weekend a little girl had her fingers cut off (urban legend? Can you have your fingers severed by someone gliding over them? I'm thinking it a lot more force would be required. Mona, maybe you can clear that up for our loyal readers). I guess there have been a lot of injuries since the ice rink opened. Not too surprising, actually, considering that skating is a novelty rather than a staple in the recreational life of Mexico. They probably don't have much experience in ice rink safety.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Yes, it is possible. It takes a fair amount of speed, though, and is mostly seen in figure skating accidents or hockey mishaps, not your 'general skating' because people are not going fast enough. You know, you can get hit by a car if you go for a walk, too: maybe we should all stay home?!? lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!