Here they start selling live trees very early, in my opinion. And I think they only get one shipment. So the tree we buy on the first weekend of December has been cut for weeks already. It comes with a stand (in the form of crossed pieces of wood) already nailed to the bottom. And I suppose the trunk is sealed. Neither this tree nor last year's tree drank any water at all. Last year's tree lasted not bad 'til after Christmas Day. This year's tree is in rough shape. Extremely brittle and somewhat droopy. Micah fell into it this morning and now there's a Micah-shaped depression in the tree. Mom & I have commissioned the guys to drill holes or cut notches or something into the trunk to encourage it to perk up.
Last night we had a hilarious time playing Catch Phrase. We laughed a LOT. In fact, I came out from putting Micah to sleep very annoyed because all the ruckus from the kitchen was keeping him awake.
The weather has been unseasonably warm so far! No complaints! Today is a little bit cooler, however. We have someone here right now installing the propane heater to keep us comfy during cold snaps.
It's been a very good weekend so far!
-
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!