The season has kicked up a notch... my parents are now here!! Unfortunately they are sans luggage, but they had 3 flights with tight connections so I'm sure they'll show up tonight. It actually worked out well because the bags were very heavy and big, and now they will be delivered. So nobody has to carry them!
Micah is quite the monkey!! Yesterday Eva and I were cooking together. Micah pushed a kitchen chair over to the stove and climbed up onto it to join us!! I think Eva was 2 or 2-1/2 by the time she figured out about moving furniture around to reach stuff. Amazing how an older sibling can accelerate development and discovery. Micah has also started letting us know that he wants to go potty. Not all the time, mind you, but a few times a day. More often when we are out, which is interesting. I put some cotton training pants on him (which look SOO cute). I thought he might get the feel for how comfortable undies can be, as long as they're not wet. Not sure it made much of an impression on him. Anyway, I am hoping that Micah will be out of diapers much sooner than Eva was. Just think of the monetary and environmental savings! Eva wore diapers for 3 years, approximately 4 packs of $15 diapers per month works out to $60 per month and $720 per year!! If Micah is out of diapers by 18 months we could save about $1,000. That's pretty good motivation.
Eva seems to have had a boost of confidence from her gymnastics recital. I love it!
-
Just ordered: The complete guide to pregnancy and childbirth, and
ReplyDeleteThe thinking woman's guide to natural childbirth
AND Jack Newmans' complete guide to breastfeeding
next on the list: Dr Sears
and possibly the baby whisperer
WAHOO! So excited! C'mon books, arrive!
ReplyDeleteMy baby now has a hearbeat, and is 2.5 mm long (will double in size this week).
This week facial features start to form w/dents for eyes/mouth/ears, and lots of organ development.
The boys now know. I'm considering having Ayden present for the birth; I think he'd really love to be there, and I've heard several women (my cousin included) who have successfully done it.
Ayden thinks my tummy is getting bigger already. :-) Case of wishful thinking. I've actually lost 1.5 lbs. Probably due to better nutrition and greater frequency of exercise (am determined to have smaller baby this time; am not going to gain 45 lbs this time unless it is on vegetables and with lots of cardio), since I found out I'm pg and want to be healthy.
All I want to eat are perogies fried with onions, sausage, and sauerkraut. Have eaten it every day this week except yesterday. Am also thirsty. Going to get drink now. xo! Told Jen tonight. Pray for her; it is a mixed bag b/c she'll be excited for me and sad for herself.