Tomorrow starts the new Moms' Group I am hosting at my place. (I'm excited!). As part of my prep I wanted to make a copies of a few pages from a book. Never one to like wasting paper, I wanted the pages to print duplex; that is, on both sides of the copy. Now, I have done this sort of thing before, as a copier layperson. So I KNOW it can be done and I KNOW it is not overly difficult. But this Copy Professional, after spending a good 25 minutes working on the task, told me the system wouldn't allow it. He was prepared to give me on four sheets what I KNEW would fit on two. I gave him a word of advice about the position of the book on the copier glass and finally it was done. Oh how I wished that had been my only copy requirement of the day. But I had four more documents I wanted to print. The next one was an easy two page text Word document I wanted printed duplex as well. That one went fairly smoothly, phew. Then another two page Word document. But this one I wanted to print duplex and in colour, because it was a collection of photos Eva's grandparents had sent for her documenting the birth and demise of a snowman in their back yard. How much more difficult could it be than the previous document? Evidently EXTREMELY MUCH more difficult. It took him at least another 25 minutes to print that one for me. (Eva was thrilled with her collage, by the way). By this point, Micah and I had decided to leave the other 300 page bound pdf document for another day, and hopefully a different Office Depot employee.
I'm exhausted all over again just thinking about it. But happy to have my documents!
-
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!