Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Losing Hope....

... that we'll ever have an uneventful, restful night around here. The norm is weird happenings in the night. If it's not one thing, it's another. Last night, not only was Micah up 3 times, including one time when he was extremely restless, Eva was up once to go to the bathroom (which do I appreciate; much better than a wet bed) and woke up screaming and crying about wanting me (who was in Micah's room, grateful he was asleep), and wanting to shower. This, of course, woke Micah up again. The good news is that the kids and I 'slept in' til about 7, which was amazing. Poor Andrew was late for work yet again, though. I just want to feel rested. I would love to have the energy to really accomplish things and spend energetic focussed time with my kids, instead of just trying to get through the days.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a disaster after one sleepless night so I can't imagine how hard it is to be doing this night after night with 2 kids! No advice, just admiration and a couple prayers going your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. xoxo hang in there! You're an awesome mom and you give them SOOOO much!! Don't let a few dragy days fool you into thinking otherwise. You teach your kids life skills when you function despite obstacles; even though it feels like you're cheating them of something, you're not! They're watching and learning--good stuff! We all need to learn to be considerate of each other, attentive to each others' moods/energy levels, and how to keep going even when we don't feel like it. That's the good stuff they are learning when you have sleep deprived days. You're awesome. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!