Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lately

Last week was kind of a grumpy, yelly week. I was hoping that this week would be different. Monday morning began with a power outage during my shower. No power to the pump meant no water to the shower. Afterward, while I was gingerly changing the fuse, Micah let out the dog we're taking care of and dispensed water everywhere. I admit it- I yelled. I felt terrible as usual and I need to find a different way of dealing with my frustration. Eva asked me yesterday, "Does Claudia yell at her baby too?"

Micah is becoming a real handful!! He is a very busy boy. I have begun, in particular, dreading supper. Not only is it challenging to find ingredients to make a nutritious meal, and to put together a meal that everyone will enjoy, but especially to actually make it. I am constantly chasing after the little fella- getting him down from the top of the spiral staircase outside, cleaning up the water he's dispensed, "plunged" or "scrubbed" everywhere, getting him down off the top of tables, stopping him from strewing articles hither and about, that sort of thing. Yesterday as a last resort I strapped him into his booster seat. I expected loud protest but surprisingly there was none until right at the end! I'm not dumb enough to expect that this magic solution will last, but I'll enjoy it while I can. I guess he likes to watch me cook. (What can I say, I'm masterful ;) ).

Micah is starting to want to choose his clothing. Today he wore a pink t-shirt and a kilt all day.

Andrew offered to do engagement and wedding photos for one of his staff so I lined up a babysitter for last night. The engagement photos fell through but we still had Bertha come over and we headed out to take some photos together downtown.

Andrew excited to get out on a date and to take photos of a Torreon evening

La Alameda- the main plaza

It was neat to get out just the two of us but almost not worth it. We were both exhausted and missed our vegging time. We asked Bertha to stay til 11 but we were home by 9:30. Eva heard us come home. She got so wound up that she didn't get to sleep til well after 10. Sure enough, this morning she had a serious meltdown and then napped longer than Micah did.

The electric company came by this morning and peeked at the wiring to our house. They said it definitely needs replacing- the wires are just kind of wrapped together rather than being properly connected. The good news is that they're doing the maintenance tomorrow. The bad news is that I'll have no power from 8:30 to 1:30.

I've been trying to get in touch with the vet. Duna is doing remarkably well! She doesn't cough anymore, she still has a great appetite, she still follows me from room to room. I don't think she's going anywhere anytime soon. I want to talk to him more about his opinion of her condition and whether he knows of any 'nicer' options that kennelling her at his clinic. Praying that something good for her will work out. I'd really do not want to kennel her for so long.

1 comment:

  1. The part about you calling yourself masterful made me laugh out loud. I can't imagine trying to cook or get anything done with a child tearing all over the place. How frustrating! I especially like the mental picture of Micah in a pink shirt and kilt. Nice one little guy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!