So this morning Andrew discovered that our dryer gas hose was leaking AGAIN. Then the kids and I returned from a run to the corner store to discover that half our house was without power. I got a shock from the dryer hose checking for the leak (note to self: unplug dryer before testing with soapy water). I got a shock from the breaker box. I burnt my finger on a hot fuse following fireworks at the fusebox. All this including the obvious dangers- thank you God for protecting us- plus the earlier whammo on the spine with the wooden toy hammer just about put me over the edge.
My usual handyman, the owner's brother, was out of town. So Andrew got some other guys to come in and it was a blessing. If we lived in a wood frame house I would have been long gone to some other location. As it was I was not one bit comfortable with the burny smell, the way one breaker would turn on the fridge, and the other one would turn the A/C on but turn the fridge off. And then the utter lack of power. By the time they came I had the power box at the street turned off but most of the house still had power! What the heck.
Well they came, they saw, they conquered. We're back in action. Our dryer is also back in action. Yipppee! for now....
-
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!