Sunday, February 17, 2008

I Miss You, Chocolate

I gave up chocolate for Lent. The evenings are rough. Nothing quite satisfies like chocolate. It does mean that my snacking has been less and healthier (I'm currently eating an apple) which is one excellent side benefit. But I miss it dearly.

I have snuck a little into my diet however. The first time was totally inadvertent, and was the day after Ash Wednesday! It was at a Circle of Friends meeting, and when I saw chocolate square I naturally chose it. I was half way done when it hit me! When I made the commitment to give up chocolate, what I mainly had in mind was to give up the daily chocolate bar/dish of chocolate chips, and I had toyed with the idea of making exceptions for 'hospitality chocolate'. So I finished my dessert, and this week when a friend came over with tiny chocolate cheesecakes I had one and stopped at that. So far so good in the evenings, but it's tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!