I finally had the kind of day I've been telling myself I should be having. Minimal time spent at the computer, a walk, healthy snacks, time spent playing with the kids. Claudia came today and she folded and put away laundry for me as well as cleaning the floors and bathrooms- sweeet. I did some rearranging too. Moved almost all of the kids' toys out of the living room and into their rooms. Moved my computer into the office beside Andrew's computer. This has done wonders for me- it's not so easy to get sucked into hanging out on the computer anymore. And now I get to hang out next to my hubby in the evenings, instead of being in a separate room.
I want to really work on teaching the kids to put away one activity before they begin another, and hopefully this new arrangement will help. They can bring one or two things into the living room to play with, then put them back before they bring more toys out. This will work until they decide to just stay in their rooms to play. But then the nice thing is that the mess will be contained. We will see how it goes!
-
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so encouraging. Please don't be shy!